Monday, June 3, 2013

Grae's 1st birthday party

Last weekend we traveled to Branson to celebrate Grae's 1st birthday. It's hard to believe that little man is already a year old! Where does the time go??  He has been such a blessing and its been our privilege watching Scarlett grow into such a wonderful mommy!

 
 
We were greeted at the front door with a Dr Seuss birthday sign, I'm sure you can all see where this is going... how cool is that?


The main table was playful and full of color. I made some sugar cookies for the party that were very popular with the toddler crowd!



Scarlett had balloons for the little ones and the facility had a pool for people to cool off in.  Everyone had a great time socializing and watching the birthday boy run around.


 


Finally it was time for the main event -  presents and cake.  Grae did great at opening his presents.  He seemed to enjoy handing everyone the paper from the presents more than the actual presents!



 
I think the most memorable moment of any 1st birthday party is the smash cake.  You never know what they are going to do?  You've got the, "OMG what is all over my hands and why isn't mom fussing over me???", the "I'm all in, literally face first opportunist" and the "I'm totally going to regret this later, but its sooooo good!!!"  I think Grae was unsure what to do...
 
 
For awhile he seemed more interested in escaping from his chair,
 
 
but then he got his cake. 
 
He hesitated at first, but after the first bite...
 
 
 he literally dug in. He had cake EVERYWHERE!  But he was happy!
 

 
We had a great day celebrating this amazing little guy!  I wanted to leave you all with one more picture from the day.  We found it as we were going through all the pictures and I think it sums up how mothers can feel some days!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment